Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A whining kid

Lot of people know that I act like a kid. But, sometimes, I act like a whining kid; complaining and fighting over silly things. And I think I should get rid of that :). There is a quote by Eckhart Tolle, which says:‎
"To complain is always non-acceptance of what is. It invariably carries an unconscious negative charge. When you complain, you make yourself a victim. Leave the situation or accept it. All else is madness."
Therefore I should completely stop complaining and accept the situation as it is.

When a little kid falls and gets hurt, his mom will try to soothe him by saying "Don't worry, the pain will go.". But when the kid grows, he starts attributing it to something and tries to satisfy himself making that something a reason for his bad luck. A little kid would not do so, because he would not even understand why he got hurt. And I think we should all be exactly like little kids. Because we don't know why things happen they way they are and why we get hurt.

Sadly, I have fought like a bad kid with many of my friends. Recently too, I fought with a dear friend and acted very bad. I fought over silly things like "why are you thanking me so much?", "why are you not smiling?", etc. Thinking back, they look so stupid and meaningless reasons to fight. Luckily, I have a really good bunch of friends. And this dear friend explained me how much of havoc I created and forgave me for my mistake. But I may not be lucky all the time and I should learn to be like a little kid who just cries when he gets hurt, but doesn't complain to anybody. Its that innocence which makes them Gods.

No comments: