Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fun with kids

I woke up just now and I still remember the fun I had yesterday. Last weekend, many of my friends also had fun. Shiny went to her relatives' house. Gay and his gumble(akila, ramya, etc.) had fun at his house. Vinu went home. As far as other friends like TS are concerned, they are non-religious and hence this weekend is like any other weekend for them.

Back to the point, I had good fun. It was my cousin's birthday yesterday. I went to their house in the morning, at around 10:30. And my favorite movie, "LavaKusa", was being played in the TV. It is really good movie and I can't stop watching it. How many times I see it, it always looks new. The love between Sita and Ram is quite appealing and is shown excellently in that movie. Its story is based on "Uttara ramayan", which is the Ramayan after Rama kills Ravana and goes back to the kingdom.

After the movie is over, we had lunch and we started decorating. As usual, I slept late the previous night and felt very sleepy. Though decorating is a tedious job, it brings the part mood to all. The "happy birthday" balloons hanging all over, some stuck to the walls, cheer me all the time. I felt like my own birthday. I don't remember celebrating such a party for myself, may be I had one when I was too small. After the decoration, my uncle and I went to get the 2 KG cake which was ordered the previous day and some chips and drinks. All this time, when we were working on arrangements, my aunt was cooking so many good stuffs - bajji, bonda, etc.

While all these were happening, the evening sun rang the party bell and we quickly winded our work and dressed ourselves for the merry time ahead. The birthday boy, Kaushik, wore his new dress and started playing the piano. As he pressed the keys, a sweet tone started welcoming the guests. "Kids!", I thought, "so many of them are coming. I will surely have fun". I like kids very much for their innocence.

The kids came in lots, holding their parents. And when they left their parents for their usual gossip, they started grouping together. I prefer kids compared to elders. So I went to them and started talking to them. Suddenly I found that they talk different languages and most of them are multilingual. There were many telugu and tamil speaking ones, few hindi speaking kids and two kannada speaking brothers. They all talk well in their own language and know little bit english and tamil. It was sufficient for them to have fun. I liked them very much, for they understand each other very well, in spite of the fact that they can't communicate well. That's why they are great!

It was tough for me to talk. I know telugu and english, but only little hindi and zero kannada. And I found one little hindi speaking kid who was very enthusiastic. His name was something like kushal or kushoni. I couldn't understand him well. He talks hindi better than me and the embarassing part to me is that he is in PRE_KG! A pre-kg fellow talks hindi better than me!!! I can't accept such a thing. So I started talking to him. He is a chatterbox like me and more open than me. He beats me in all my qualities, except for my little knowledge in sciences, which he couldn't understand. So here is a small conversation:
He:"tera naam kya hi?"
I:"mera to naam nahi hi"
He:"naam nahi tere ko? tho ghar me kya bulate hi?"
I:"ghar me tho kashyap bulate hi", "Tum kya kar the ho?"
He:"main school me padta hu. Tum school jate ho kya?"
I:"nahi. Tum ko balloon chahiye kya? voh bada red vala"
He:"Voh red nahi. maroon!"
I:"Acha, yes. maroon wala. tum chote ho na. main lekar ata hun"
He:"main bade ho ne se tum ko balloon de doongE"
...

Like that we chatted and ate sweets, chips, bonda, bajji, everything. I took photos of all those kids. I don't know any of them and I am not sure if I will meet them again. They don't have email ids or phone numbers to keep in contact. I don't think they will worry about such things. All they want is fun and they don't mind playing with anybody who likes to play with them. I like the way they live. When we grow old, we start clinging to things and also people. People develop tastes and have huge list of preferences. I still like to play like a kid and have fun with anybody who likes to play with me. But unfortunately many people act like they are grown ups and never play with me. Hey Rama Chandra! why don't you make everybody a kid? Then, I can play with everybody!

3 comments:

Vineela Rao said...

u r so competitive.. :P competing with small kids also... :P :P

Unknown said...

pack cs for some time and start learning hindi :P

రహ్మానుద్దీన్ షేక్ said...

hey,
seems even you like balloons!!
i should try learning hindi from you! Seriously...